“Managing the Emotional Homeowner” eBook
You can easily read this book in one sitting
Includes a 168-page ebook and a 8-part series of short, succinct training videos, gives you the understanding, step-by-step strategies and materials you need to manage the homeowner’s emotional experience and guide them through the remodel process. With these tools, training and information, you will be able to consistently create a positive, satisfying experience for both you and the homeowner.
Learn how to:
- Understand, manage and guide the homeowner’s emotional experience before, during and after the remodeling project… so you can guarantee a happy, satisfied (and referring!) client.
- Communicate with homeowners so they know what to expect during the remodel process.
- Get inside the homeowner’s experience so you can anticipate and deal with their emotional ups and downs…. before it turns ugly.
- Eliminate 90% of the issues that arise on every project by gaining the homeowner’s trust, establishing clear expectations and following through on your promises.
- Quickly recognize the red flags and avoid those “Homeowners from Hell” — those unscrupulous people who can never be satisfied and, if given the chance, cause costly problems, ruin company morale, and quite possibly, put you out of business.
- Turn a mistake into an opportunity to gain the homeowner’s trust and confidence in you and your work.
- Avoid a crisis… and quickly “save the day” should one occur.
- Determine whether a certain client may require additional hand-holding, placating and soothing … and how to charge accordingly.
- Lead the homeowner through the entire remodeling process with authority, empathy and responsibility.
Managing the Emotional Homeowner” 8-part VIDEO training!
This eight-part video training gives you and your team specific tips on how to manage your customers’ experience, avoid expensive mistakes, develop relationships of trust and respect, and create a positive experience for everyone involved.
- How to Manage Expectations – How to clearly establish realistic expectations from the very first meeting with the homeowner and thereby lay the groundwork for a smooth, successful project.
- Understanding the Homeowner’s Position – How to manage and work with the homeowner’s fears and uncertainty about the remodel and fortify their confidence in you and your work.
- The Homeowner Roller Coaster – How to use the path and arc of the emotional roller coaster to your advantage by sharing it with customers, guiding them through the ups and downs, and managing their experience every step of the way.
- The Four Elements of Trust – How to eliminate 90% of the issues that arise on every project by following the four elements of trust.
- Manage the Process – Four tools to create a documented “paper trail” that helps the homeowner feel informed, safe and taken care of throughout every phase of the project.
- Working with a Schedule – How to work with a construction schedule to communicate with homeowners, trade contractors and suppliers, and use a pre- construction schedule to manage the homeowner experience during the design process.
The Homeowner from Hell – How to identify the warning signs of a “Homeowner from Hell” — those customers who have no qualms about making you and your team miserable as they cost you money, time and any semblance of sanity.
Agree to Procedures Before the Project Starts – How to eliminate ambiguities and misunderstandings by clearly defining jobsite procedures before the project starts.
The Emotional Homeowner management forms
The following forms, all of which are outlined in the eBook, can be customized for your own use. I give you permission to use them with your own logo and branding, so you don’t have to recreate anything!
- How to Find a Remodeler – You will be the hero when you immediately put your clients at ease with this 10-page report that helps your clients (and potential clients) understand the “Contractor Selection Process.” You can also format this with your company information and offer it as a free download on your website.
- Complete Building Spec List – With this Spec List you’ll be able to review the details of each project and never miss an important detail again.
- Sample Spec – After making selections and changes to the Complete Spec List you’ll end up with a set of specs you can use with your clients that spell out everything involved.
- Preliminary Job Checklist – This Checklist allows you to gather the initial information for a project while interviewing the client to determine the general scope of work.
- Project Completion Checklist – At the end of each project, you can use this form to agree on completion or create the final punch list.
- Project Selection Checklist – Track product selections and allowances.
- Project Startup Checklist – Track Special Order Materials and delivery dates.
“Today more than ever, the remodeler is judged by the remodeling experience more than the product. The remodeler’s skill-set as an advisor, friend and therapist is critical to success. Managing the Emotional Homeowner is a tool and guide to not only understanding the subject but also mastering the required skills in this new environment.”
— Mark Richardson, Remodeling Industry Consultant
“David Lupberger’s book and videos on “Managing the Emotional Homeowner” is a must for any Remodeler. This vital information will help you understand and develop a proactive strategy around the inevitable emotional ups and downs that homeowners experience during their remodeling project. Once you master this material you will experience more happy and satisfied customers that trust in your service“
I understand that for $67, I will receive the Managing the Emotional Homeowner Package, which includes:
1) The eBook: “Managing the Emotional Homeowner: The Remodeler’s Guide to Happy Customers”
2) 8-part video training: “Managing the Emotional Homeowner”
3) Plus … bonus forms, outlined in the eBook, that can be customized for my own business.
If you do not see a purchase button above please try using
another browser such as Firefox/Chrome/Safari
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If you feel the “Managing the Emotional Homeowner eBook & Video Training” doesn’t provide you with valuable information on how to manage the homeowner’s emotional experience and increase your value as a remodel contractor, you can request a full refund. If that request is made within 60-days of your purchase, I will reimburse your money in full.